It has been a while since I blogged or even that I wrote anything that wasn't for 'work'! Sometimes the ideas come freely but they disappear from my brain before pen touches paper (or fingers touch the keyboard). There have been multiple occasions when I desperately wanted to write and vent; and I should have as I would have immortalized those thoughts and feelings that I will likely never again have access to...
But time (or its perpetual shortfall) has always won! Or maybe I should blame procrastination? As this decade almost comes to a close and I reflect on my goals for the next one, there is one good habit I would love to revive: to keep the words flowing! Words and the magic they can weave, have always held a special place in my life. Their power to open up new worlds or offer a glimpse at lost ones.... their power to transport me to places I will never visit in real life; or meet people from those ages or places. To learn more about how the human mind thinks and where we belong in the bigger picture of things...
But time (or its perpetual shortfall) has always won! Or maybe I should blame procrastination? As this decade almost comes to a close and I reflect on my goals for the next one, there is one good habit I would love to revive: to keep the words flowing! Words and the magic they can weave, have always held a special place in my life. Their power to open up new worlds or offer a glimpse at lost ones.... their power to transport me to places I will never visit in real life; or meet people from those ages or places. To learn more about how the human mind thinks and where we belong in the bigger picture of things...
This year, I have successfully resumed my habit of reading, as much as possible and whenever possible. Hopefully, dusting up this blog from its almost forgotten corner this will also help rekindle my relationship with words! At the least, it will be a chronicle of my thoughts and circumstances to look back on later
As I look back on this blog, I can't help noticing that the earliest posts are a bit cringeworthy (at least, looking back at them now). I have also inexplicably used stock photos from the internet in many cases, despite owning my own large photo collection 🤷. However, I guess it's best to not try and modify the past to suit the present. At least they remind me of how exactly my life was at that time and how I thought and felt. More importantly, it's interesting to note that what felt like an unsurmountable barrier then, feels not that crazy on hindsight especially in light of newer challenges since. Moral of the story: this too shall pass!

Comments
Post a Comment