These thoughts have been stumbling around in my mind for a while now, especially since I will be turning 28 in a few months...and also given that I am hoping and preparing to bid goodbye to a long and significant phase of life. Such a scenario prompts me to look back and to reflect a bit. However, today when I found this simple yet perfect graph, I knew that I had to transform the floating thoughts into words. It's very interesting how the plateau of this graph starts approximately around 28, even though turning thirty is considered a milestone of sorts in popular culture.
Anyway, the point that i want to make here is not really about wishing that I was younger. It's more appropriately described as wishing that I had better utilized the years I have already left behind...wishing that I could relive some of those years again in a better way and with more experience! It's very strange really, because I have always been the kind of person who likes to cling to the past and I have usually had the tendency to look at the past with a lot of fondness. But now, for the first time, I sometimes sense pangs of regret...wishing I could go back in time and change a few things...and maybe re-write some aspects of the past (and soon-to-be-past). The ample opportunities of specific (and much desired) social activities wasted, the many weekend trips never taken, the healthy habits that were never cultivated...and the list goes on, of things that i could have done differently! This is probably just the beginning of such realizations...more often than not, our needs and wishes get sidelined or even postponed indefinitely, to accommodate the stress and demands of everyday life. Will the future be any different? About that...I'm doubtful and yet hopeful!

Comments
Post a Comment