Skip to main content

And yet another beginning...

It's the last day of the year, once again. Time seems to be flying at a speeds that are stuff of science fiction movies! Looking back, I see a blur of year endings from the recent years,  mostly having come and gone without leaving any unique marks. And yes there have been an equal number of beginnings too, new years, always filled with the treacherous hope of being better than the last...

In many ways, 2014 has been different...and extremely special! It has given me a huge lot to be thankful for, a lot of happiness and warmth, priceless memories and realizations; and important accomplishments which are critical at least in this phase of my life. 

And yet it didn't quite reach the 'finish line' of perfectly feasible goals that had been set out, leaving me dissatisfied, hardened, and yearning for more.

2015 also holds the promise of being another important year... a year of major changes, upheavals and uncertainties. The apprehension surrounding all of these and situations beyond my control or foresight make me a little nervous, yet tomorrow I will begin again with renewed hope. I know that I will probably not be able to keep most of the resolutions I make, yet I will set these goals, to guide me and keep me grounded... to make me a better and more satisfied person, at least in my own eyes. I will also hope that the unfinished businesses of 2014 will finally reach their closure so that I can move on ...


P.S. This new year, I have resolved to make more creative time for myself. As a first step, I have gifted myself a travel blog. I hope I will be able to with continue the enthusiasm that went into setting up the website; and that there will be sufficient inspiration and opportunities to acquire the fodder which will keep it going. Here goes:  http://wanderluster-ms.blogspot.in/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The six month milestone!

Yes, it seems incredible that it's been six months already! Six months since I took a giant leap of faith and left literally every'thing' behind. Six months since I arrived in the 'New World'. And what a crazy six months it's been! Almost every day has brought me new challenges that have tested me in different ways. Every day has reminded me that I have chosen to deal with a life out of my comfort zone and I have no choice but to face it heads on! These six months have also given me several positive experiences and the satisfaction of being able to handle the challenges in different ways and to different degrees. I have been extremely lucky to have been helped by many people and in several ways, all of whom made my survival here so far, possible and often comfortable. I have been warmly welcomed into the homes and hearths of so many families. I have made new friends. I have experienced life from a completely different perspective. I have learnt quite a few les...

The irresistible attraction of words

I find myself wandering endlessly, drawn by the intense lure of words, descriptions, and information... to soak in as much as possible and to create for myself... yet day by day it strengthens its hold, and as I struggle to keep up with it; I am overpowered like never before... with the thoughts, ideas and wishlists just piling up, threatening to drive away peace and order...    Illustration by Julie Paschkis in,     Pablo Neruda: Poet of the People

Que sera, sera... what will be, will be !

                                         (Photo credits: http://www.missouriskies.org/rainbow/february_rainbow_2006.html) I have always liked things to be perfectly planned, organized, and under control. It doesn't mean that I don't like (pleasant !) surprises and unexpected thrills, but that uncertainty and chaos are big fears. Although always a strong believer in destiny, I have also simultaneously believed that we create our own destinies. With time however, I am increasingly appreciating that most things are beyond our control. No matter how much we try to predict, plan, and organize;  and in spite of our best efforts, most things will happen just the way it is meant to be. When everything looks just perfect and fitting into place, people and situations will create unwanted complications. And again, when you worry about something and fear the worst, more ...