Whether my fascination with Christmas is due to my initial convent schooling years, innumerable western storybooks or Hollywood movies; I cannot say... but it certainly dates back to my primary school days. Maybe it's a combination of all these, and in addition, my parents' encouragement to celebrate, in our own little ways... Read: a mini tree with decorations (including dummy socks and gift boxes), and of course loads and loads of plum cake and home made wine (gifted!).
So now, whenever its this time of the year again and I see the Christmas trees, twinkling fairy lights, tinsel and other decor adorning shops, malls and public places...even though I no longer have my own celebrations anymore... a warm and fuzzy feeling creeps into the heart... and I reminisce those days when I was on the school Christmas choir (and surprisingly, many of the carols still come back to me), the grand Christmas party at school, our decorations and cake at home, the Christmas themed feel-good movies, the sights of Park Street and New Market all decked up like a fairyland, treats at Flurys and Nahoums, office picnics and other outings...and the overall cheer of the season seeps back, even though only fleetingly.
Comments
Post a Comment